(919) 682-2012

Dues Payment Portal

When am I billed? 

All those who owe should receive a paper invoice. You may request a reprint from or locate your invoice from the master PDF file. The master PDF file for all single-year invoices is located HERE. Once open, use CTRL-F to find your name. Remember if you are printing the file, to print only that single page. 


Paid Rosters – Updated monthly with the date uploaded, at the top. 

Sixteenth Judicial District Bar Paid Roster 

This roster is a continuation of payments from formerly JD 14. The only thing that changed was the number.  Click HERE for more information about the renumbering requirement. 

Durham County Bar Association (Voluntary) PAID Roster 

This roster is being used to determine credit eligibility for the DCBA’s Two Day CLE Event. 


Determine What You Owe

  • Typically, all attorneys owe mandatory dues of $75 in the district of their work or their residence, paid to the Sixteenth (previously Fourteenth) Judicial district Bar. This plus the web service fee of $3 means that your total owed if you only pay Sixteenth dues, is $78. The Sixteenth’s Tax ID is #58-1727392.
  • Those paying for a prior year, or paying after November 15 for the current year, should include a $15 service fee for late payment.
  • Those who wish to participate in the voluntary activities of the Durham County Bar Association owe an additional $125. The DCBA Tax ID is # 58-1489410.
  • Everyone should add $3 per card transaction for the web site service fee.


Paying Online

The payment link is below in red. Be sure to have your NC State Bar ID number on hand before your start to pay. It is typically a four or five digit number no higher than 60000. You can look up your ID number at the NC State Bar web page. (This is not the same as your NC Bar Association member number.)

Refund Policy

There is typically no reason for an attorney to request a refund. Either a person is a member, or they are not, based on their address of record on file with the NC State Bar. If you pay one judicial district and move, you are waived-in to the new district without further payment for the current fiscal year. In unusual circumstances, such as a firm and individual payment for the same member, refunds are processed via check after a written request is made and authorized by the Treasurer, who can be reached at